Saturday, May 2, 2009

Searching for the Silver Lining

Today started out well enough. Jason and I got up early after a wonderful dinner last night. I just about finished my baby knit dress. The weather was warm. I have one cherry tomato that is turning from green to its new shade of red (yeah, I can't wait for Jason and I to share that one tiny tomato! haha!).

Jason was "starving" and I just decided to make whatever I saw so I made
Chili-Rubbed Skirt Steak. The entire meal from thought to sit-down meal was maybe 9 minutes tops.


Lunch


And I made an accompanying salad with a chili dressing...delicious!


Lunch



Then I was browsing around on the internet and come across this lovely sight called
Sublime Stitching....I'm heading to Hobby Lobby later on to purchase my first bit of embroidery gear!

Then, without warning (well, maybe...if we had seen the weather on the news, we would have known) it went from beautifully warm and bright, albeit overcast, to a torrential down pour. Seriously, it must have dumped 8 inches or rain in about 5 minutes.


And the mayhem ensued:

The Flood of May '09



So, instead of being a "Debbie Downer" while I'm sharing my afternoon-of-torrential-rain-pool-follies photography, I thought I'd search for the silver lining in each picture. Shall we?


The Flood of May '09

We now have "water-front" property.

The Flood of May '09

We've always wanted a lagoon pool.

The Flood of May '09

We can now say we have one of those great "infinity" pools.

The Great Flood of May '09

My toes look great submerged in water at our back door.

My creation

Jason was the first one to get to enjoy our new infinity/lagoon pool.

The Great Flood of May '09

The flowers and grass look exceptionally lush and green.
Wow! Wasn't that so refreshing and positive? I'm going to start doing this "silver lining" thing more often!
Hope the rest of your weekend is more dry than ours!

No comments: