Saturday, May 2, 2009

I'm a Big Girl Now

Dinner Party


Last night, Jason and I had another couple over for our first "adult" dinner.

Dinner Party


The table was set beautifully with fresh tulips (I LOVE the purple against the white and navy), white cloth napkins, and votives sporadically on the table.

Dinner Party


Frank Sinatra softly crooned in the background, a Texas red wine was served with our dinner, laughter was abundant and good times were had.

Here's the low-down on what I served for dinner:
Peach Bellinis
Arugula, Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
Bistro-Style Ribeye Steak with Provençal Butter
Grilled Asparagus
Bistro Fries with Parsley and Garlic
Blackberry and Ginger Trifle

Dessert


Everything went off without a hitch since I prepped everything in advance. Once our guests arrived, all I had to do was throw the steaks and asparagus on the grill. Speaking of steaks, I wasn't watching my time at all and I took the steak off way too early. Nothing like sitting down to dinner to discover your meat is still mooing....so, pride aside and the fact that everyone was eating their steak regardless of its doneness, I went ahead and asked who wanted their steaks thrown in the microwave for a few minutes. Not embarrassing...it was what it was...I just adapted.

I highlighted the above recipes that you can find online. The peach bellinis were just a quick version: Kern's Peach Nectar, Prosecco and frozen peaches that were the ice cubes. The asparagus was also super simple: asparagus drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, put on a hot grill until crisp-tender and then fresh lemon squeezed over it before serving.

Sorry I didn't take dinner pictures! It's a little ridiculous to make your dinner guests wait while you stage a photo shoot!

No comments: