Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sometimes I Don't Feel Like It...


On the Grill, originally uploaded by amiim.

For as much as I like to cook, there are lots of times when I just don't want to or I don't have time or I don't feel like cleaning up the mess I made (which is usually a totally destroyed kitchen after I cook).

I despise eating out...I'm a bit of a snob about it actually. I feel like I can make WAY better food and eat like a queen for the crappy $40 meal you would spend at Chili's.

So a quick and easy meal usually means I'm grilling. I pulled out some pork chops from the freezer, generously seasoned with a fab all-purpose seasoning from the local meat market and let it sit on the counter for a few hours.

Then I shucked and silked a package of corn, pulled off enough foil to be able to double it over to make a square and I rolled up each corn cob separately on a diagonal to make little silver packages.

Corn went on a medium high grill first...they take about 30 minutes and you need to rotate them about 4 or 5 times.

Then about 5 minutes before the corn is ready, throw the pork chops on the grill and some trimmed asparagus (before-hand you'll want to drizzle them with olive oil and season them with salt and pepper).

Turn the pork chops after about 2-3 minutes (depending on the thickness - mine were maybe 3/4 inch thick and boneless) and give it another minute or two.

Get a platter and pull everything off the grill! I like to squeeze a wedge of lemon over the asparagus and I like sprinkle cayenne pepper and paprika on my hot buttered corn.

Enjoy!

No comments: