Friday, March 27, 2009

News on the Net

Here are some interesting tidbits I found in the news this morning:

Shipping Container Homes: This is ingenuity, resourcefulness and beauty at its best, in my humble opinion.

Earth Hour 2009: Um, I will be participating but mainly because I have a dinner to be at...I wonder if the restaurant I will be eating at will be participating while I'm there? That would make for an interesting hour with perfect strangers.

"Why Toddlers Don't Do What They're Told": There should also be an article titled "Why Adults Don't Do What They're Told"...I think the article is being prejudice against toddlers! :)

School Plot: What the hell is wrong with people?

Dolly Parton's "9 to 5" to hit Broadway: I would TOTALLY go see this!

Kuwait's World's Largest Tower: So I have a husband and brother-in-law in the construction business, specifically curtain wall (exterior glass), and I see these kinds of articles all the time. You have to see the picture to understand the magnitude of HOW BIG this building is going to be. Amazing and confusing (why do we need the world's tallest building anyway?)...although this kind of thing reminds me of the Tower of Babel in the Bible. Something to ponder.

No comments: