Friday, February 20, 2009

Valentine's Cards, Simplified


Boy, was I ever ambitious to create the little alligators for Lawyer's Valentine's cards this year. I only thought there were about 10 or so kids in his class and come to find out, I needed to send 18 cards - one dadgum alligator took me more than an hour to cut out and construct!! Lawyer was home sick for more than a week which meant a whole lot of nothing got done, cards included.


I opted to go with a more "homemade" approach and I just cut out hearts from scrap fabrics I had and sewed them directly on the card stock. I was able to cut, sew, write, stuff and seal all 18 cards in about 30 minutes.

I don't know if they were appropriate for a boy but Lawyer seemed to like them okay. But then again, I put candy in the cards so the card could have been cow poop and he would have liked it as long as I included candy. Poor candy-deprived child.

No comments: