Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Full Weekend (and it's not over yet!)



Sigh. I've had one of the best weekends in a very long time. It's not that I have bad weekends but this particular one just happens to stand out to me.

It didn't start out as great...I picked up Lawyer from school and he had a fever. He slept on the car ride home and slept in bed until 8:30 that night. Of course he was wound up by then since he had gotten rid of his fever and we were up for quite a while but I'll take a late night of hyper-activity over the doldrums any day.


Jason likes to include Lawyer (as do I) on our every day chores. Lawyer loves this, he feels like he's a contributing member to this family and that's important.


The weather has been awesome this weekend, we've been in the mid to upper 70's. Shorts weather! I've been making it a point to go for a daily walk to get rid of the excess pretzels I ingested this week. I promise my feet aren't this huge in person, although Jason would disagree.


A neighbor's cottonwood tree has been blowing all kinds of stuff into every one's yard this past week. It really does feel like cotton. I just liked the different textures in this picture.


Spring is peaking its head out...my Italian flat-leaf parsley is coming up and my rose bushes are getting some new leaves!


The days are getting just a bit longer and the later afternoon sunlight that filters into the house is getting more and more beautiful.


A long-time friend of mine called me yesterday to say they were having a birthday party for her daughter THAT DAY. No need to bring any presents, she says. We didn't have anything going on and Lawyer loves playing with her kids but I'm not going to show up to a birthday party empty-handed, so what to do? I made her girly-girl of a daughter a dress! Yes, I can't believe it myself, but I made a dress in about 2 hours...no pattern, no nothing. I just sewed away until I had made a suitable dress that can grown with her daughter for the next few years. It can be a long dress now, a short summer dress, a tunic and then a cute summer top. I think it turned out rather cute, if I do say so myself!


So a funny thing happened...we got a new TV back at Thanksgiving and our hand-me-down TV that my parents had given me (they kept saying...it's going to die any day now, if you took it, it probably wouldn't last the move, etc. - yeah well, it's survived two moves now and we've had it for about 3 years!!) was going to be retired. Getting rid of a 200 pound big screen TV is no easy feat so I decided that we should keep it in the garage and pull it out at night during the summer-time and have our own version of a "Movies in the Park". Well, last night was PERFECT weather so we drug out all of our pillows and blankets, made popcorn and watched two movies out back under the full moon. It will always be one of my most treasured memories.

No comments: