Thursday, February 26, 2009

Not for the squeamish...

Proceed with caution to the following picture. Please remember you have been fore-warned. If you do not like needles or blood, do NOT view the picture below.

Okay well, I guess I have given enough warning. Lawyer and I have been VERY sick. So sick that both of us required IV fluids earlier in the week. I have seen more than my fair share of throw-up the past 5 days (yes, 5 days of puke...it's getting a little old by now) and our bed sheets have never seen so many washings.

The doctor was very worried that Lawyer had appendicitis and we even took him to get an ultra-sound on his stomach and also see the surgeon. Within two days, I was heaving in a trash can so I pretty much discounted the appendicitis thing. But I have to tell you, this bug is the nastiest I have ever experienced. I would NEVER EVER wish this on my worst enemy. I basically slept from 4:00 pm on Tuesday until about 3:00 pm today, with various breaks to realize that I still had a sick child to tend to.

Anyhow, here is poor Lawyer getting his IV. He was not fond of it but I think for a 4 year old, he did pretty darn well. Now if we could kick this darn virus out the front door...

No comments: