Friday, July 31, 2009

It's How You See It...

Lawyer


Today, I took Lawyer out to practice shooting at a new spot that I wanted to check out. This is Lawyer's LEAST favorite activity...if it involves the word "camera" or "pictures", he's out.

Lawyer


Well, I was less than thrilled by what I captured today but what do I expect, I have a 4 year old boy who is way more interested in the "forest" and the wild mushrooms than in me getting some good practice pics in.

Lawyer


I was going to scrap the pics and not post anything but after Jason looked at them and said some encouraging words, I decided that they were wonderful (even with their technical imperfections, there is still a perfectly perfect little boy) and now they are probably some of my favorites.

Thanks Lawyer and Jason for making me see past my stubborn ways!

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

All your pictures are AMAZING!!! I want to invest in a really good camera and was just wondering what kind you have and why you like it over others. If you don't mind e-mailing me with that info I would really appreciate it. Thanks
Jeanette { jwjaxn@gmail.com }

Amii said...

Hi Jeanette, I figure so others can benefit too, I use a Canon Rebel XTi. It was a good inexpensive option for me at the time since I really didn't have much interest in photography at the time. There was really no reason I chose Canon over Nikon or any other brand. I just did. I only shoot in manual mode so that I have control over everything: exposure, ISO, shutter speed, aperture, etc.

I do have to say this to everybody that may want a dSLR...unless you plan on shooting in Manual, you don't need a dSLR! You can get amazing pictures with a regular point-and-shoot without spending all of your money!

Thank you Jeanette for the compliment!