Thursday, July 2, 2009

Baby "M"

Maureen - 3 months

This new niece of mine stole my heart when I got to see her again at the beach. She has a tinge of red in her hair which makes me think she will be a full-blown red-head and I'm a little jealous (seriously, I've wanted red hair like Ginger on Gilligan's Island FOREVER!) of that and her intensely blue eyes.

Maureen - 3 months

I'm so grateful for my sister-in-law and her family and we all get along just fine and dandy. So stealing this little beauty away and doing what I wanted with her to get some pictures of her was no problem at all.

Maureen - 3 months

She has a personality that is so spunky and funny already at 3 months old.

Maureen - 3 months

And this gal was able to hang with her overly loving cousin AND Jason...she took what came at her like it was nothing. Those two boys constantly messed with her and she didn't make much of a peep, even when Jason was giving her her 2000th kiss and she was developing a slight rash due to his scruffy face.

Maureen - 3 months

I'm so thankful for my niece and nephew and that we have already been able to become a part of their lives.

Maureen - 3 months

Lawyer announced at the beginning of the trip that he did NOT like that baby (which he said it mockingly and lovingly, so we didn't really believe him) and by the end of the week, he had made statements like "She smells like sugar." and "Her toes smell delicious." and "She smells like cotton candy."

Maureen - 3 months

Before we knew it, he was hugging her, holding her tiny hands while he watched movies, covering her up with her blanket, putting her pacifier in her mouth, making her giggle, singing her songs, rubbing his head on her like a cat (he's done this with several babies, not certain why he does that other than the fact he probably doesn't want us to see him kiss the babies) and just plain loving on her.

Maureen - 3 months

Then again, who could ever resist her delicious toes?

No comments: