Thursday, July 23, 2009

Something New...

Lawyer


I have been on the hunt for some interesting places to shoot and I found this cute little wooded area in my neighborhood. It wasn't much but at least it was different than my back yard. I tried so hard to get Lawyer to at least be in the vicinity of where I wanted to take his picture and he did okay for being 4...and a boy...and my ever overly excited child that did NOT want his picture taken.

Lawyer



Lawyer



Lawyer


Lawyer doesn't have his eyes closed...he's just thinking and it also looks like his slurping spit in his mouth (you know how you like to do Jello in your mouth? yeah, like that).


Lawyer


Oh why, oh why do I try with him? I thought if I just said "Hey, look at that log...wouldn't it be cool to sit on?" that Lawyer would actually think it was cool...instead, he looks uncomfortable and he's just being cheesy. (throws arms up in the air)

Lawyer


I thought everything about this set up was neat...from the rusted looking metal bridge to the deep green of the trees in the background. I didn't care what Lawyer did but...come on!! Throw your picture-taking mom a bone already!

I also didn't care what he wore since I just picked him up from school and it was a spur-of-the-moment stop...it was more to practice with a new location. I think this place would be really cool during fall when you could where some rich fall colors.

Anybody know of a cool place in North Texas that has overly bright colors (perhaps a painted doorway, or children's park, etc) or a really old "vintage/retro" location? I would love to know of someplace that's unique and cool!

1 comment:

BeautifulDisaster311 said...

That looks like the bridge on the bike path in Highland Shores. Glad ya'll are having a nice summer. :-)