Friday, June 5, 2009

He Gets Me Every Time...

I bribed (no...gave an incentive to) Lawyer for me to take pictures of him. I do love getting new pictures of him but my main focus this time was to stretch myself with my photography skills. I'm still learning where to place lighting (I really only use natural lighting and NO flash!) on my subjects, whether it's food, a completed project or, of course, a person.

Usually, these little photography escapades do not turn out since Lawyer just about does everything to avoid me like the plague when he sees me point a camera at him.

But this time? I think I caught some of my most favorite pictures of him.

Thank you, my sweet boy, for participating. I'm sure it had nothing to do with my bribe (uh, incentive). Oh, and those interested (not that I am even remotely a professional) in how/what I did to get each picture, I gave details for what worked for me.

Lawyer


Exposure: 1/60
Aperture: f/1.8
Focal Length: 50mm
ISO Speed: 800


I purposely over-exposed this picture...this was nothing that I did in Photoshop. In fact, the only thing I did was slightly sharpen the eyes and put an edge burn around the picture to slightly darken the edges.

--------------------

Lawyer


Exposure: 1/80
Aperture: f/5.0
Focal Length: 65mm
ISO Speed: 800


The original photo turned out extremely under-exposed so I fixed it in Photoshop. This looks okay but nothing like the top photo.

--------------------

Lawyer


Exposure: 1/80
Aperture: f/1.8
Focal Length: 50mm
ISO Speed: 800


I didn't pose Lawyer, I just said "Stand in this area" and then whatever he did, I just kept shooting. This was one of my favorites, he looks pensive.

--------------------

Lawyer


Exposure: 1/60
Aperture: f/1.8
Focal Length: 50mm
ISO Speed: 800


This is a tad cheesy...but I promise, I did not pose him like that or at all. I asked him to get on our leather ottoman and he just plopped himself up like that. It still turned out okay for those that like posed pictures.

--------------------

Lawyer


Exposure: 1/50
Aperture: f/3.5
Focal Length: 28mm
ISO Speed: 800


Ah, the W wall makes a comeback. I wonder if this will ever get old to me.

----------------------------


One thing to note, I don't usually like shooting at such a high ISO speed but given the fact that I have VERY dark walls and the sun was directly over our house with no real light pouring in from the windows, I had to bump it up that high.

Okay, there is your groovy photography lesson for the day from an amateur photographer!

Oh and want to know what the bribe/incentive was? Marbles...you'll have to stay tune for what is so special about these particular marbles that Lawyer was willing to spend a little time with me over!

No comments: