Monday, June 29, 2009

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder...

Did you miss me? Sorry, I took a little hiatus from blogging because I went on vacation! I have pictures to share from the beach later but here's what happened before our vacation...

Lawyer


See that blondie above? See something that's a little off?

Lawyer


Yeah, this crazy kid decided to BREAK HIS FOOT before we went on vacation! He did it on a Tuesday and I didn't think much of it and by Thursday my mom thought I might want to take him to the doctor to just make sure it was okay. He was kind of limping on it but I just thought he got like a stone bruise on the bottom of his foot of something. (Sidenote: This kid broke his foot by running and jumping in the shallow end of the pool and his foot landed on the stairs....AFTER I told him to not do it!)

Anyhow, I took him to the doctor on Thursday and sure enough, he had two broken metatarsals (the long bones that connect the ankle to the toes) in the center of the foot. We got a half cast (basically a splint) put on and we went ahead to the beach on Friday for the week, keeping it wrapped up when we weren't playing in the ocean and in the sand. He had the real cast put on yesterday...and after days of telling him that he wouldn't get to swim once he got the cast put on, I'll be darn if they don't offer water-proof casts these days! So we still get to swim and take regular showers.

Here's a sneak peak of this beautiful red-head we got to spend time with this week on our vacation!

Maureen - 3 months


More to come soon!

No comments: