Friday, September 19, 2008

My Apologies to Mrs. Karenina


Well, I've tried, and twice at that, but I just can not get into Leo Tolstoy's Anna Karenina. I find the language of the times (late 1800's since that's when it was written) both beautiful and hard to follow. I love the love story in the book (although, not really, since I'm not for having affairs!) but the political aspect is just boring and long-winded.


I only reached about 250 pages into this book, of the 1000 pages that it is. And I'm sorry Mrs. Karenina. For all the praise that has been spoken about you, I just can't stick with you. Maybe third time will be a charm but today, I just can't concentrate enough nor do I have enough time and patience to devote to you. And in true French fashion in your particular Russian era, I bid you adieu.

No comments: