Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Painting for Granny...


One would think that a title like that would make you want to be so proud as a parent that your child is being so thoughtful to think of someone else, especially their granny, when deciding to paint. I certainly did. Shoot yeah, that sounds like a great idea! It will eat up at least an hour of our day too!Nice technique, my child.He's so thoughtful when deciding where his next stroke should go.Hey Lawyer, why don't you smile for the camera for mommy?Never mind.

Here we're getting fancy with the artsy/photo techniques. If you know more than me about photography (which I assume is most people) then look away now.He definitely follows after his dad in the OCD department (see post below on Dad). Look at him lining up his brushes AND they are color coded for the paint that he will use for each one.See? What'd I tell ya? Blue brush must go with blue paint...no exceptions.Beautiful technique.Lawyer, say cheese!Fun side note about the container used for Lawyer's paints...it was the egg container that came with my fridge. Pretty smart of me, don't you think?Don't you just love grubby little 3 year old boy hands? I especially like the dirty, chewed up nails.Look at the seriousness in this kid's face. He means business when he paints a picture for Granny!Check out ol' OCD child's right hand straightening out the brush...he is OCD dad's kid all the way.Coming back to where I started with the joy that exudes out of me when my child wants to share such beautiful art with others. When asked what he called this painting, he looked at me with mischief in his eyes and said...The Gun! Nice, I've raised my boy right...guns and paint. Redneck and refined.

Lawyer...Say Cheeseburger...Gloom and Doom, people, gloom and doom. The End.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute post. I love the color coded brushes. I can only hope my children are that picky. It would be a dream come true. I have discovered the OCD only gets worse with age.
Tara