Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

Easter 2009


I hope everyone had a blessed Easter. It's overwhelming to think that God gave up his one and only perfect Son for us to have eternal life. Thank God for the ultimate gift.

Easter 2009

We had a BUSY weekend full of landscaping, t-ball, egg dying, chocolate-eating and basket opening. It was a grand ol' time for sure.

Easter 2009

Lawyer is at a great age where he can start to do so many things on his own. And this year's egg-dying was no different.

Easter 2009

Everything right now is "I can do it myself"...

Easter 2009

Easter 2009

And that meant start to finish with the eggs.

Easter 2009

But somehow, "I can do it myself" does NOT apply to any messes that need to be cleaned up.

Easter 2009

And yet, I will take all the mess in the world for the time that I get to spend with Lawyer every day.

IMG_0163Easter 2009

Easter 2009

And Easter day itself? It was filled with lots of wonder (which for a 4 year old means lots of goodies in his Easter baskets...ah to be the only grandchild on my side of the family - he's spoiled rotten).

Easter 2009

I love how children will pose at this age with their goods without being asked to...they are natural-born Vanna White's for sure.

Easter 2009

And the gift of all gifts that will be highly treasured by myself, was Lawyer' very own camera. See his photographic madness unveil:

Lawyer's Camera

Lawyer's Camera

Lawyer's Camera

Lawyer's Camera

The favorite pictures were his self-portraits:

Lawyer's Camera

Lawyer's Camera

Lawyer's Camera

And after great food, wonderful family, a massive silly string war and the chocolate bunny's ears eaten, the day ended with a bang - quite literally.

Easter 2009

Hope everyone's Easter was as wonderful as ours.

No comments: