Saturday, August 16, 2008

Art

In addition to my love of literature, cuisine, photography and gardening, I also have a passion for art. I'm not an artist but I love looking at art. My dream is to fill my home up with original artwork by various artists, the way it's some girl's dream to go on a shopping spree in Beverly Hills.

I have the honor of being acquainted with an artist. He's actually the "art guy" for our screen printer (oh by the way, I work in specialty advertising/promotional marketing...check out my
website and blog if you like!) and he's an amazing artist. His name is Mark and he works/lives in Cow Town (that's Fort Worth to all of you non-DFW residents). I've been lucky to receive as a gift one of his paintings, the Audrey and I've got my eye on a few other paintings of his. I asked Mark yesterday to send me some pics of what he's been up to most recently and once I saw the paintings, I knew I had to share.

Most of Mark's paintings are Untitled but he emailed to say that he has given them "relative titles" so that if any of you out there are interested in them, you could give him a call and talk to him about it. Ready to check out the eye candy? Here goes...

The Dripping Rose: Acrylic on Canvas, 24"x48




Green-Yellow-White Abstract: Acrylic on Canvas, 24"x48"



Gothic Abstract: Acrylic on Canvas, 24"x48"



Audrey: Acrylic on Canvas, 24"x48"



The Abstract Pair (2 Canvases): Acrylic on Canvas, 24"x48" each



Tree: Acrylic on Canvas, 36"x48"



Blue: Acrylic on Canvas, 36"x48"



Stripes: Acrylic on Canvas, 30"x40"



Red: Acrylic on Canvas, 48"x72" (unsure on actual size)



Orange Drip: Acrylic on Canvas, 18"x24"



Skull: Acrylic on Canvas, 18"x24"



Red Abstract Small: Acrylic on Canvas, 14"x18"



Wow! I love his art...the feelings I have for each are amazing. Being able to put some body's art into a physical and mental interpretation is out of this world, especially when we all have a unique experience with each piece. And while I may love one particular piece, you may hate it but I think we could agree that you were charged by some emotion/feeling to come to your own conclusion.

I love the Skull and while I'm sure many would raise an eyebrow at this statement, there's just something alluring and captivating about it. See? You might not have that same thought about it!

I'd love to hear what your thoughts are about his work, and I'm sure Mark would love it as well! And if you are interested to see if your favorite is available for sale, let me know! I'll be posting his number shortly...Mark IM'd it to me and I had to shut down my computer and of course forgot to write it down!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Amii:

Thanks for these pictures. I especially liked the Green-Yellow-White abstract. In my own abstracts, I try to capture the effects of light and have been experimenting with how subtle the interplay of colors and textures can be to give the impression of light dancing across the canvas.

Keep the images coming and check out mine if you are interested: http://artandreason.blogspot.com.

.Coulure. said...

The Drippin Flow a real art style !