Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving...

Holy Cow, I am worn out! We had 10 people total at our house for Thanksgiving and fun was had by all! I wasn't certain who was bringing what so I thought "I'll just make a dish...or 6." Well, I think there were about 15 different items in total that was sitting on my breakfast table and on my kitchen counters...that doesn't include the pre-meal snacks either!

Here's a bit of this and that:

Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts


Brie en Croute with Dried Cherries, Pecans, Honey and Rosemary


Smoked Turkey and Deep-Fried Turkey


Green Bean Casserole (There was almost a mutiny last year when I made home-made Green Bean Casserole so I opted to make the regular canned version this year) and Cornbread Dressing (background)


Corn Pudding


Beets with Orange Vinaigrette (so delicious!!)


Guacamole Salad


Homemade Sweet Potato Pie


Among Other Things We Ate:
Ham
Mashed Potatoes
Macaroni & Cheese
Potato Salad
Cole Slaw
Deviled Eggs
Rolls
Pumpkin Pie
Pecan Pie
Darn Good Pie
Pistachio Pudding
Cranberry Relish

There was so much food, which was a good thing, that every family got to take home enough food to have for at least the next two days!! What a wonderful Thanksgiving full of family, friends and food!

No comments: