Monday, May 26, 2008

Reflecting on Memorial Day


While I'm sitting here typing away, editing pictures and thinking about the delicious food that is in my immediate future for today, I quickly was reminded about how much I/we/Americans take for granted these simple luxuries that have been bought with other's lives.

Take a moment to thank God, a veteran, and a member of the armed services for the fact that we Americans get to live in a country where we have so many freedoms. While there are so many contradictory hypocratic idiosyncrasies (whew! that was a mouthful and does that even make sense?) in this country, I am proud to call myself American and thankful that there are others making the sacrifice for our freedom.

It also makes it even more clear to me how much more that Jesus made the ultimate sacrifice for our eternal freedom.

Please be safe and respectful of others today while out celebrating this important day of reflection. Have a Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: