Thursday, October 22, 2009

All just a blur...



Do you find that you have periods of time throughout your year that all just seem like one big blur? I feel like that has been my life the past month or two...nothing that is bad, just memories, experiences, moments all globbed together in my head.



Some days I forget to enjoy those moments, no matter how big or small, and just live. Don't think, don't plan, don't stress...just soak up the moment. I felt this way the other day when I was outside with Lawyer. I looked up at the light in the trees and just saw how beautiful the glow of the light was in the gently swaying leaves. I looked to my left and felt content seeing Lawyer playing and singing happily while he dug tunnels and built mountains in his sand box. I saw an amber-hued leaf gracefully floating down from our large oak, to it's new place on the still-green grass. I knew at that moment that there was no other place I was to be at that moment and no other place that I would rather be.



My goal as we head into the holiday season is to stop and soak in each day. It's like I blinked and I went from having a tiny newborn to now a grown 5 year old boy and I just can't remember very much between those times. Don't think I'm being solemn or regretful, more like pensive and at peace.



I hope you are all enjoying your autumnal days and remember to squeeze your loved ones and tell them you love them. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh refreshing! I need to learn how to be still and enjoy the moment! Even though the years have flown past us I can still remember watching you play as a toddler. There is one day so fresh on my mind and thankfully I have pictures of you that autumn day. I think you were 1! So SQUEEZEEEEEEEE and I love you! Thanks for always being available as a friend! :-) I love you! MOM